Sunday, April 17, 2011

Grape 64

Since I started work on a homemade arcade cab, I've been following Homebrew systems and mods for a while. A couple months ago, I came across an Instructable for a portable N64. Dubbed the "Grape 64" this is an amazing work of art and ingenuity. Check out the creator's site here:

http://zachariahperry.com

At the bottom of the home page, you'll also find a link to an Xbox 360 Iron Man case mod that's just jaw-dropping in the amount of professional craftsmanship put into it.
I know it'll be a work in progress for a few years, but I can only hope my arcade cabinet has a similar degree of polish.

2 comments:

  1. The only thing I don't like about the Grape 64 is how you have to switch the same button to change between L and Z. Some N64 games would be pretty difficult to play with that setup. Still, this is very awesome. I'd totally love me some OoT and MM on this thing. ^_^
    (But then again, OoT is going to be taken care of soon enough on the 3DS.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if you could get a tiny 3D LCD Screen and equip yourself with some 3D glasses and make Grape 64 3D?

    ReplyDelete