Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thor Review

As many of you know, Thor came out this weekend. Thor is the latest production of Marvel Studios, Marvel Comics' movie production studio. Thor was heavily hinted at last year in Iron Man 2's after credits scene.With agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. discovering Thor's hammer mjolnir in the New Mexico desert. This movie starts shortly before that event, and shows what happened to bring Thor to Earth.




Overall I would say this is a great  movie. It shows how well comic books can be brought to movies. I did see this movie in 3D, but it also being shown in 2D as well. I have to say I feel like it translated pretty well to 3D. But I noticed that you could really only notice the 3D when there were objects in the foreground. For example, there was a scene when Thor was laying on the ground, and Natalie Portman's character was leaning over him. Thor's head was 3D but Natalie Portman was not.

I especially like how Thor takes significantly from Norse mythology. It really plays into an overall great story. Also Natalie Portman, and Anthony Hopkins are both great in this film. And even though I was a little skeptical of the fact that the actor who was playing Thor was relatively unheard of, he was great as well. The after-credits scene, which is typical in a Marvel film, was interesting, but it is difficult to determine if they were setting up next years Avenger film, or a second Thor film. Either way it is worth staying for,

I recommend seeing this movie, especially if you are a comic book fan, or just simply a fan of the Marvel movies.  

That is all. Carry On!

-Spieg89

No comments:

Post a Comment