Friday, July 13, 2012

RTX 2012!

I know I said I would post this on Monday but I didn't get a chance. But its better late then never right?

Don't remember what RTX is? Go back and check out my last post: http://wiredgamers.blogspot.com/2012/07/what-is-rtx.html 

I worked as a volunteer helping to run a special booth on the show floor called the Immersion Museum. This booth consisted of items from a video series Rooster Teeth did called Immersion where in the two test subjects were thrown into situations similar to what someone would experience in serious different video game situations.


So there is a little sampling of Immersion. In fact those glasses were one of the displays at the booth. And I was responsible for them. We had the camera set up and would take two people and have them try and play catch a plush Grifball. It was very amusing to say the least.



This is a picture of what the booth looked like. 



The line for registration.



Yeah that is the Halo 4 booth. Unfortunately I didn't get to play it but I saw some demos and it looks great! 


And that is the reason I didn't get to play Halo 4. The crowds you see in the back and to the left is the Halo 4 line.


 From my booth I could see the e-sports arena. This is a game of Halo 4 that was being played.


Do a Barrel roll! (In a warthog haha)



And yes. Those are the "official" Rooster Teeth Red vs Blue guys playing DDR just behind my booth.

Ultimately I didn't get to do and see as much as I wanted, but I had a lot of fun. I love the Rooster Teeth community and I look forward to maybe going next year. I really had a good time working with the Rooster Teeth staff and they sure know how to put on a great event!

Also on Saturday night there was a concert and mixer. I did take some video of the show but it turned out really bad so I don't really want to put it out there.

The only bad part about it was that I had to leave on Sunday night instead of Monday like I wanted. But other then that it was great. If you guys get a chance to go next year I recommended going! 

That is all. Carry On!

-Spieg89
Me in the Immersion Booth wearing some of the props.

No comments:

Post a Comment