Monday, June 20, 2011

Green Lantern Review

I thought that I'd contribute to our big comeback by writing a review about the new movie Green Lantern.

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!
-Green Lantern Oath

This movie released on Friday. It is follows the origin story of the first human to be selected to join the a group of inter-galactic peace keepers known as the Green Lantern Corps, Hal Jordan. Hal Jordan is a fighter pilot who is charged with saving our sector of the galaxy.



I saw this movie in 3D. It is yet another movie that I felt didn't benefit from 3D. Another trend I am starting to notice about 3D movies is that they seem to be a lot darker in 3D then they are in 2D. This is a trend I don't like. Especially since I feel like the Green Lantern would have significantly benefited from having a little brighter outlook. 
As far as the story goes I found that many of the various Green Lanterns that were featured were great deep characters. The story I felt was a little underwhelming, but I felt that Ryan Reynolds was great in this role. One of the things I've heard people complain about is the fact that Ryan Reynolds is all CG when he's in the suit, but it makes good sense in the movie. I won't spoil it, but don't get caught up on it, but it will make sense if you see it.

Many critics have been harsh to this movie, but I felt that it was a good fun movie to go to. I would recommend this movie. It was definitely on par with the other superhero movies that I've seen so far this year.

Welcome back! And keep checking back for more!

That is all. Carry On!

-Spieg89

No comments:

Post a Comment