Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Lego of Zelda

I've had this little red Lego boat since I was about six, it came in a pirate set called Rock Island Refuge(I think I know the names of all my Lego sets, is that strange? hmm). Pretty much ever since Wind Waker was released, I wanted to make this, it just fit so perfectly with my little Lego boat. After years and years, I finally got my Legos out of my parent's attic, and I've been catching up on lost time.

Mark I (right): Sorry for the ugly cell phone camera pic.
Pretty straight forward. The yellow slope things were cool because they were just the right angle for his "neck plates". Too bad there's a gap in his neck because of them. Also, the mast is too short. I put it in front of my Wind Waker painting for reference :)





Mark II (below):
On the rebuild, I changed the yellow neck parts, so it's now seamless. I also gave him eyes, and fixed his horns, so they're not growing out of his sideburns. The mast has been raised, and I added a cannon under the mast. There are actually two turrets under the mast, one for the mast, and one for the cannon, so they move independently of each other, which is one of my favorite things about the model.

So that's a long description for a relatively simple creation, but I haven't posted anything on here in a while, so I figured I should make up for it. Now that I started building the Lego of Zelda, I'm sure I'll post more models in the near future.
I hope this has inspired you somehow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment